Our Grass Valley and Rocklin movers spend a lot of time traveling on the road, shipping goods from house to house throughout Northern California. Along the way, they see a lot of attractions for families. We asked our team where they go to celebrate the fall with their kids. These are our Top 10 Favorite Family-Friendly Fall Attractions from your Northern Californian movers.
This place is like the Six Flags of Pumpkin Patches. Every year it attracts people from all over the world to Wheatland, CA. There are so many things for your family to enjoy so make sure you grab an attractions map. Our favorite activities include:
- Pumpkin Patch
- Corn Maze
- Fort Alot of Fun
- Hay rides
2. Floating Pumpkin Patch (Open: October 22, 2016 from 1:00-4:00pm)
Take the family to Mike Shellito Indoor Pool and hunt for your pumpkin in the pool this year! After you pick your pumpkin, decorate it at their decorating station. The pool will be open if you want to swim or you can get your jump on in a bounce house. Once the kids are worn out, they can join in on story time.
- $7 to swim
- $10 pick a pumpkin if bought in advance
- $15 pick a pumpkin day of event
- Pre-register by the 19th to guarantee a spot
This diesel powered train rides along the levees of the river and is all decked out for Halloween. The train ride includes Halloween themed music and stories to entertain the kids. Open the last 3 weekends in October with each weekend holding a theme.
- Oct 15, 16 - Superheroes and Villains
- Oct 22, 23 - Pirates and Princesses
- Oct 29, 30 - Witches and Wizards
Take a cruise down the Sacramento River and take in all the scenic views while listening to spooky Halloween music in the background. Along with face painting and a coloring station, there will be a special Halloween treat for every kid.
- Cruises depart at 3pm and 5pm
- Book in advance to guarantee a space
5. Apple Hill (Open: Year Round)
Who doesn’t like the smell of fresh apple pies, or even better, apple donuts? That sweet aroma will guide you here where you and the family can pick your own apples. Apple Hill Growers consists of over 50 farms to explore. Many of the farms, tree farms, and wineries offer their own fall-favorite activities for the whole family.
Terror in the night Halloween productions works to put the fear in you. They promise you will love it to death! The best thing about this haunted house is that it offers Low Scare Family Friendly Tours and Full Scare Tours. So pick your poison carefully or try them all. A new addition to 2016 is Zombie Heights.
- 7:00-7:30pm is Low Scare for Cemetarium and Psycho Circus
- Buy tickets in advance to avoid long lines
- You can volunteer to scare or work behind the scenes if you’re 14 or older
Brighton schools are holding their 24th annual Fall Fest event. There will be a costume party for kiddos, tricks and treats for everyone, cake walks and much more autumn fun.
- Admission is free if you bring 2 cans of food
- Donations go to the Twin Lakes Food Bank
The Auburn Community Festival features live music, a giant pumpkin contest, a parade, and a scarecrow contest. Shopaholics will love the arts and crafts booths showcasing local artisans. Kids will have a blast with the costume contests, pony rides, and carnival games.
The 6th Annual Apple Festival has any apple you can think of. Our Auburn movers loves that apples are only $0.79 per pound! There will be live music, food vendors, face painting for kids, Artists in the orchard, and apple picking!
- Golden, Red, Mutsu, Fuji, Empire, Arkansas black, and Pink lady apples available
10. Direworld Scare Park (Open: Various Dates until October 31st)
This scare park is the combination of 6 premier horror theme parks. Our Roseville movers love seeing who in their family can survive the park and escape Panic. After your family makes it through the horror, you can creep over to the nightly fire shows, exotic vendors, and more to try to calm your nerves.
- Panic Escape Experience is recommended for people 18 and over
- VIP tickets include: Front of line passes, lounge access, & entrance to Panic
- $5 for Parking
- Buy tickets here
We hope you use the advice from our Rocklin movers to find the best attraction for your family! If you know of other Northern Californian activities or have any questions, you can call us or let us know on our Facebook page.